Abstracts are invited from Orthodontists and Orthodontic Post Graduate trainees for Oral and Poster presentation for the SLOC 2020. Deadline for submission of the abstracts 10th January 2020. Late entries will not be entertained. Presenting Author should have completed the registration process by 10th January 2020.
These abstracts will be reviewed by a peer group. The author will be informed about the acceptance of the abstract. It may be accepted for oral / poster presentation or rejected. The corresponding author will be informed of the result.
Abstracts must be original. They should not be or have been published / presented at any other meeting prior to conference.
A maximum of 5 abstracts can be forwarded by each individual as a presenting author.
Upon submission, the abstract review committee will review the abstract and inform if any information is to be corrected. The content of the abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and it will be published exactly as submitted.
Upon submission, the abstract submitter confirms that the contact details saved in the system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
Submission of the Abstract constitutes the author’s consent to publication.
The abstract submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content provided to the Sri Lanka Orthodontic Conference – 2020.
The publication of the abstract does not infringe any 3rd party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
The organizers reserve the rights to remove from any publication an abstract which doesn’t comply with the above.
Guidelines for submission
Abstract should be submitted online using the form online. (MS WORD 2007/2010/2013 format) Language of presentation should be English and grammar and spelling should be correct.
1. Author’s details
• Presenting Author’s Name
• E mail address
• Full postal address
• Daytime and evening phone number
• Affiliation details: Department, institution, hospital, city, state, country.
• Names of Co-authors – Indicate the names of the authors according to the following format: Initial of given names without punctuation followed by family name or given names followed by family name, e.g. LH Leong or Lim Heng Leong. Omit degrees, titles.
2. Abstract title – limited to 25 words in Bold capital letters
3. Abstract text – limited to 250 words (please note word count is affected when graphs/ tables/ images are added) The font should be Times New Roman Font size 12. Begin the text of the abstract without indentation using double spacing.
4. Abstract layout – abstract must use the following structural format
• Material and Methods
• Discussion and Conclusions
5. Tables – maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
6. Graphs and images – it is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words. Maximum of 3 images per abstract.
7. Maximum file size of each graph / image is 500KB. Maximum pixel size of the graph/ image is 600(w) x 800 (h) pixel. They can be uploaded in JPG, PNG, GIF format only.
8. Use of standard abbreviations is desirable. Use special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word, the first time it appears. Use numerals to indicate numbers except to begin sentences.
9. The Abstract will be reproduced in the Abstract Book. The SLOS reserves the right to make alterations and to edit text to improve presentation.
10. ORAL PRESENTATIONS: Each paper will be allowed only 15 minutes for presentation with 5 minutes for discussion. Parallel sessions may be conducted depending on the number of papers selected. Multimedia facilities will be made available.
11. POSTER PRESENTATIONS: The size of the poster should be approximately 1m (width) X 1.5m (height). Screens (portrait) will be provided to put up posters. Posters should be made on material which can be mounted easily.